Job Role: Marketing Account Executive
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Starting salary £21,000, with opportunity to ultimately progress to Account Manager role
Location: Bristol and Exeter (hybrid working – working from home three days per week, with the other two days in the Bristol or Exeter office)
Closing Date: 5 October 2022
Astley Media is an award-winning Marketing and PR agency with an energetic, creative and friendly team based in the South West.
This is an exciting time for the company, as we unveil our new brand name and prepare to launch in Bristol. We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Account Executive to join us on our journey and be an integral part of the team. We foster an environment of collaboration, innovation and constant learning and development, and you will have the chance to really make your mark and progress in the company.
Astley Media has an array of clients, from regional start ups to global brands. Services include customer insights, brand and marketing strategy, multi-channel campaigns, content creation and social media management. We have won several awards for our creative and ‘dare to be different’ campaigns and love working with clients who have vision and want to make a positive difference in the world.
On a daily basis you will be required to produce work in line with briefs received and a key part of the role will be to produce creative content for blogs, web pages, podcasts, press releases and social media. In addition, we’re a small team so you will also have the chance to learn from experienced Directors and Managers, with a view to gaining experience in account management and project management.
Our outgoing team of ten likes to have fun, while working hard, and we look forward to welcoming a talented Marketing Executive to join us.
The must haves:
- Confident at communication, with good language skills
- Excellent writing skills, with good spelling and grammar
- A passion for creating content
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience of using at least two on a regular basis
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about Marketing
- A creative mindset and a willingness to share ideas
- A flexible approach to work
- A degree or one to two years experience in a marketing/ communications role
- A willingness to work in either the Bristol or Exeter office two days a week
The nice to haves:
- Experience in planning, researching and creating written and digital content
- Competence with Apple Mac hardware / software
What we offer:
- A relaxed, fun and enjoyable working environment
- Opportunity for hybrid working, some office based and some from home
- Opportunity to learn, develop and progress quickly
- A diverse mix of experienced team members to learn from
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a day off on your birthday
- Company pension and sick leave benefit
- Regular team social events
- Working with Account Managers to deliver client campaigns and projects that meet the client’s brief and budget and deliver against objectives
- Contributing creative ideas to campaigns/projects
- Content creation to include – press releases, blogs, social media posts, website content, podcasts, webinars, email newsletters etc.
- Distributing media releases to the media and keeping the media contact lists up to date
- Media coverage – pursuing media coverage via phone calls and emails
- Social media management – organic and paid
- Attending client and team meetings, when required
- Compiling analytics and data for client/ status reports
- Assisting with the delivery of audience research, including focus groups and surveys
- Administration tasks such as daily media checks
- Supporting the wider Astley Media team by undertaking admin tasks when required, such as – carrying out research, compiling spreadsheets, sourcing imagery and videos etc.
- We will encourage you to notify your line manager of learning/training/ skills development opportunities that could be beneficial to the business and your own professional development
If you think this sounds like the role for you give us a shout with your CV and a brief intro. We’ll take it from there.
Please contact: Emma McLeod, Head of Client Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with 30 minute lunch break